18 April 2011

herb pot
herb pot 02

Yesterday I took an Urban Permaculture class at the Portland Nursery. It was really interesting to learn just how much you can do to grow your own food and make the most of the green space that you have available. As soon as I got home I moved the mature rosemary from the cedar planter to a newly purchased planter that will serve as our herb box. I also transplanted the dill, sage, and thyme.

I am inspired to plant a greater variety of edible plants this season since A and I decided to each take ownership of one of the two cedar planter boxes. While A will take on year two of tomatoes with a crop of basil and garlic underneath, I will be growing successive crops of mixed salad greens, chives, and French radishes. I will also be growing bunches of strawberries vertically in these fabulous woolly pockets that I will affix to walls of our sizable balcony.

spring bulb

[1-4. c. lynn]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin