18 April 2010


Tomorrow is the big day. We're moving to the west coast to become Portlanders. This is a huge migration for meacross the country and a six hour flight from friends and familybut as my father's daughter, the thought of a leap across the globe doesn't seem so outlandish. My father came to New York from Europe in the '70s leaving everything he ever knew. He was 28. And somehow I've always thought, ever since I was little, that at some point in my life I would inevitably follow suit and try to live somewhere foreign and new.

There are so many things that I will miss about my dear city, so I try to console myself with the prospect of future visits and bury myself in the arrangements and processes that one undergoes to move one's life across vast expanses of land. Portland Rose City, here we come.

1 comment:

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Good luck with your move. I'm a little jealous. I lived in Portland for 2 years, 4 years ago. I think of it every day. Hope one day to be back there again. I hope you love it too. Look forward to hearing all about your new life.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin