15 January 2010


This work week has been such a whirlwind. I've been pulling open the shades each morning to reveal light gray skies and I can't even begin to explain how much I miss all of the shades of green that I saw in Portland.

However, it would be unfair not to mention that despite the weather, there are still many good things going on here, including a brilliant
eggplant parmesan recipe that I tried out recently from Food52, a new favorite food blog of mine. The secret to this recipe is that the lightly dredged layers of eggplant are baked instead of being fried in oil and that there's only one layer of creamy mozzarella cheese in the center, which makes this dish a lot less work and much healthier; a maximum return on your effort without worrying about future dates with the gym. We've been working on our leftovers for a week already and it has only gotten better.

[1.
Sarah Shatz for Food 52]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin