09 November 2009

spanakopita

Oh no, I left these delicious Greek pastries that I was supposed to bring to my sister's engagement party in my freezer as I dashed to my mother's to arrange things. I realized it this morning as I opened the freezer door to get my coffee beans ready for the press. Oh well, I guess I'll have to dream up a reason to throw a little cocktail party!

By the way, our bee-themed party for T and J was ever so sweet with enormous yellow balloons, honey hive cakes, bumblebee cookies, and sunny mimosa cocktails with Veuve. While it was a really charming way to show our love and support, it was also important to bring up the plight of the honeybees in the U.S. and what we can do to help save them. In the last few years, honeybee colonies have been experiencing a crisis called Colony Collapse Disorder that has attributed to the loss of 1 in 3 honeybee colonies nationwide. We presented tips on how to help support the bees in your community by planting bee-friendly flowers, eating Häagen-Dazs ice cream (they donate a percentage of their proceeds to bee-saving research), dismantling any bee-killing contraptions, and also donating to bee research at UC Davis (one of the oldest bee research facilities in the country). To find out more about Colony Collapse Disorder and how you can help, click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin